Connect with a child and make a lasting impact on his or her life, and on the lives of those in their family and community.
The Child Sponsorship programme the African Children’s Choir® provides a long-term opportunity to make a difference in the life of an African child who otherwise might not have the chance for a quality education.
The programme’s current focus is in Uganda, where you can decide to sponsor a needy boy or girl in the age category of your choice.
To better understand how sponsorship works, please review the following:
Frequently Asked Questions
What does it cost to sponsor a child?
A regular commitment of £30 a month, or £360 a year, which lasts for the duration of their school education.
How can I pay for my sponsorship?
You can sign up for automatic monthly payments through Paypal, but if you prefer to pay your monthly payments via Credit Card, Standing Order or Direct Debit. Contact our office to arrange these payments.
How much of my donations goes to the child I am sponsoring?
We take financial stewardship seriously. As such, 87% of funds are used specifically for our programmes in Africa, while the remaining 13% is used for fundraising and administrative expenses. A fully audited financial report is available upon request.
What if I am not able to make a payment?
While it is important to understand that your commitment allows Music for Life to fulfill its commitment to the children, if you are experiencing financial challenges please contact our office.
How does my child benefit by my support?
Your financial support will help your child achieve a better life in their future; it pays for their school fees, supplies, uniforms and most importantly a daily meal.
Your child will be uplifted by your encouragement, love and prayers.
Will I be able to correspond with my child?
You can expect a letter from your child about two to four times a year. A teacher or assistant will help a younger child who has not yet learned to write, or could receive a lovely drawing in lieu of a written letter.
In some of the countries the letters are translated, but most of the children learn English at school.
We encourage you to write to your sponsored child. More information about how to write to your child will be sent to you once you become a sponsor.
Your letters are treasured by the children. It is very special to them that someone they have never met loves them enough to provide a future for them. The children love to hear about your family and friends, your daily activities, the foods you eat, the types of animals in your area, and the seasons in your part of the world. All letters are directed through our office. We do our best to ensure the privacy and safety of both our children and sponsors.
Can I continue corresponding with my child after I no longer sponsor them?
No. At this time Music for Life only accommodates letters between sponsored children and their current sponsors.
Can I send gifts to my child?
No. Due to the high costs of shipping, complex customs and border regulations in many African countries, and fairness to all our children, Music for Life does not allow gifts. However, at Christmas you will be given the opportunity to donate towards a special gift for your child that will be purchased in their country; this has the added benefit of being an investment into their country’s economy. This is always a practical gift that will also benefit the whole family. Examples inlcude: towels and toiletries, school supplies, a mattress, etc.
Please refrain from sending your sponsored child money or birthday gifts.
Can I visit my sponsored child?
Absolutely! This is always a life-changing event for both children and their sponsors. If you are planning a trip to the area your child lives in, simply contact our office and we will make the necessary arrangements for you to meet your child.
How do I become a Child Sponsor today?
To become a child sponsor today, visit the Children Sponsorship signup page and complete the signup form.
Sponsor a Choir Child
The African Children’s Choir™ makes a long-term commitment to support former Choir Children through primary and secondary school; and offers scholarships for college or university education. This ensures that a child’s educational, social and health needs are met at all times. It is also in line with our mission statement: Helping Africa’s Most Vulnerable Children Today, so they can Help Africa Tomorrow!
In Uganda, all Choir children complete their Primary School education at the Music for Life Primary School in Kampala. Elsewhere, the Choir selects the best possible schools for its members to attend.
Sponsoring a Choir Child is a very special and serious undertaking. You will be helping provide a child with a quality of education and lifestyle that they have experienced and earned during their time with the Choir, on through their developing years.
To start sponsoring a Choir child today, visit the Sponsor a Child Today page and complete the form.